Blended & Distance Learning
QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Refresher)(RQF) Blended Learning
Renew your First Aid at Work certificate by completing the two-day refresher training and continue to maintain the responsibility as a workplace first aider. This qualification develops the learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills in delivering and supporting a role in emergency first aid in the workplace.
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
– Role and responsibilities of a first aider
– Assess an emergency incident
– Manage an unresponsive casualty
– Recovery position and CPR
– AED module (Defibrillator)
– Choking casualty
– Wounds and bleeds
– Casualty in shock
– Cuts, Grazes, Burns, Scalds, Splinters
Unit 2 – Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
– Secondary survey
– Injuries to bones, muscles, and joints
– Suspected head, spinal and chest injuries
– Burns, scalds and eye injuries
– Casualty with sudden poisoning
– Management of anaphylaxis
– Heart attack, Stroke, Seizures, Asthma, Diabetes
The assessment methods for this qualification are:-
The practical assessment of the learners is conducted throughout the course. On-going assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas.
Multiple-choice question paper
Each candidate is assessed by completing a multiple-choice question paper. Pass mark 70%.
Learner entry requirements
Learners should be a minimum of 16 years to undertake this qualification.
Learners must demonstrate first aid procedures as part of their assessment, as they would in a real work environment, including providing CPR to a casualty on the floor. Therefore, learners must be physically capable of performing CPR on the floor.
Learners must have a good command of the English language to understand and undertake the assessment methods for this qualification. It is strongly recommended that learners should be working at level 2 literacy.
- Expert instructions
- Comprehensive manual
- Qualification fees
- Necessary equipment
- Three-year certification
- Reminder service
- Speedy response to your questions or queries
1 – At what point should an ambulance be called for a casualty who is having a seizure?
A) Immediately in call cases
B) If the seizure lasts longer than normal
C) Only if the casualty has never had a seizure before
D) Only if the casualty is a child
2 – Which ONE of the following is a treatment for a casualty suffering from shock?
A) Allow a drink of warm sweet tea
B) Allow sips of a suitable sports drink
C) Give nothing to eat or drink
D) Provide small amounts of water
QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Refresher)
£999.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)
Bolt-on modules with this course
Level 3 Award in Responding to Incidents with an AED
£1199.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)
Management of Catastrophic Bleeding
£1099.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)Download Course Specifications
In-house Training Nationwide
If you’re looking for in-house group training for your team, why not let us come to you? With a comprehensive network of experienced instructors available nationwide, we can deliver regulated training courses at your premises on a date and time that prioritises your operational requirements whilst minimising inconvenience.
What are the benefits of in-house training?
- Significantly reduce your training cost
- Cost effective compared to open public courses
- Promote a safety culture where your team are confident in dealing with first aid emergencies
- Control your own learning environment by hosting your training in-house
- Save time by getting your staff qualified together
- Encourages interaction and team bonding between your staff
- Train on a date and time that suits your business requirements
- Liaise and coordinate your training needs with a single training provider thus saving you time