Paediatric First Aid Training
QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
Master the basic fundamentals of child first aid. This qualification offers the opportunity to those working in the early years’ setting, for teachers and staff in schools to develop skills and knowledge to manage life-threatening conditions, illness, and injuries in early years’ settings. It covers resuscitation and first aid incidents involving children of all ages providing skills to manage effective first aid care.
Unit 1 – Emergency Paediatric First Aid
– Roles and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
– Assess an emergency incident
– Manage an unresponsive baby or child breathing/not breathing
– Recovery position and CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
– Wounds and bleeds
– Managing shock
– Bites and Stings
The assessment methods for this qualification are:-
The practical assessment of the learners is conducted throughout the course. On-going assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas.
Multiple-choice question paper
Each candidate is assessed by completing a multiple-choice question paper. Pass mark 70%.
- Expert instructions
- Comprehensive manual
- Qualification fees
- Necessary equipment
- Three-year certification
- Reminder service
- Speedy response to your questions or queries
What medication does a casualty suffering from an asthma attack normally take?
B. Cough Syrup
C. An inhaler
£575.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)
£525.00 up to 6 learners (ex. vat)
Bolt-on module with this course
Level 3 Award in Responding to Anaphylactic Reactions
£ Price on requestDownload Course Specifications
In-house Training Nationwide
If you’re looking for in-house group training for your team, why not let us come to you? With a comprehensive network of experienced instructors available nationwide, we can deliver regulated training courses at your premises on a date and time that prioritises your operational requirements whilst minimising inconvenience.
What are the benefits of in-house training?
- Significantly reduce your training cost
- Cost effective compared to open public courses
- Promote a safety culture where your team are confident in dealing with first aid emergencies
- Control your own learning environment by hosting your training in-house
- Save time by getting your staff qualified together
- Encourages interaction and team bonding between your staff
- Train on a date and time that suits your business requirements
- Liaise and coordinate your training needs with a single training provider thus saving you time