Workplace First Aid Training
QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
An advanced, comprehensive HSE compliant three day first aid qualification for all workplaces, specifically designed for high risk working environments. Master CPR skills and recognise a major injury or illness with greater confidence. This qualification provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding to support individuals carrying out first aid in the workplace.
Unit 1 – Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assess an emergency incident
- Manage an unresponsive casualty
- Recovery position and CPR
- AED awareness (Defibrillator)
- Choking casualty
- Wounds, bleeds and shock
- Cuts, Grazes, Burns, Scalds, Splinters
Unit 2 – Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
- Secondary survey
- Injuries to bones, muscles, and joints
- Suspected head, spinal and chest injuries
- Burns, scalds and eye injuries
- Casualty with sudden poisoning
- Management of anaphylaxis
- Heart attack, Stroke, Seizures, Asthma, Diabetes
3 or the 1 day course? – A quick guide to understanding the differences.
The assessment methods for this qualification are:-
The practical assessment of the learners is conducted throughout the course. On-going assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills across a number of areas.
Multiple-choice question paper
Each candidate is assessed by completing a multiple-choice question paper. Pass mark 70%.
- Expert instructions
- Comprehensive manual
- Qualification fees
- Necessary equipment
- Three-year certification
- Reminder service
- Speedy response to your questions or queries
1. At what point should an ambulance be called for a casualty who is having a seizure?
A. Immediately in call cases
B. If the seizure lasts longer than normal
C. Only if the casualty has never had a seizure before
D. Only if the casualty is a child
2. Which ONE of the following is a treatment for a casualty suffering from shock?
A. Allow a drink of warm sweet tea
B. Allow sips of a suitable sports drink
C. Give nothing to eat or drink
D. Provide small amounts of water
£1349.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)
£1199.00 up to 6 learners (ex.vat)
Optional bolt-on modules
Level 3 Award in Responding to Incidents with an AED
£1499.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)
Management of Catastrophic Bleeding
£1399.00 up to 12 learners (ex.vat)Download Course Specifications
In-house Training Nationwide
If you’re looking for in-house group training for your team, why not let us come to you? With a comprehensive network of experienced instructors available nationwide, we can deliver regulated training courses at your premises on a date and time that prioritises your operational requirements whilst minimising inconvenience.
What are the benefits of in-house training?
- Significantly reduce your training cost
- Cost effective compared to open public courses
- Promote a safety culture where your team are confident in dealing with first aid emergencies
- Control your own learning environment by hosting your training in-house
- Save time by getting your staff qualified together
- Encourages interaction and team bonding between your staff
- Train on a date and time that suits your business requirements
- Liaise and coordinate your training needs with a single training provider thus saving you time