COVID-19 Updates - 3 June 2020
Please see COVID-19 updates below on how this may impact you.
Coronavirus has affected our services and many businesses and organisations across the country. We are following Government guidance in a challenging time, and as a result, there have been changes to the way we operate.
First Aid Safety suspended its scheduled open training courses with effect from Monday 23rd March 2020. We had anticipated the COVID alert scale reduced from level 4 to level 3 around the 1st of June to further ease the lockdown measures. As the measures remain and no immediate signs of the alert level being reduced, the plan is to resume training from 6 July, subject to the prevailing conditions at the time.
Minimising risk for your staff completing our courses and qualifications
We aim to do our utmost to provide onsite training at your premises. The training location must comply with social distancing rules and have infection control measures in place. The following measures are in place to minimise the risk of COVID-19 to keep your staff and our instructors safe:
- If a candidate shows any symptoms of COVID-19 they must not attend training (e.g. new persistent cough, high temperature, loss, or change to a sense of smell or taste).
- We may check the candidates’ temperatures before they enter the classroom
- Social distancing measures between everyone will be implemented at all times during the course. We request the same of candidates during breaks. Depending on the size of the classroom the candidate numbers may be reduced.
- There will be hand sanitisation available and regular hand-washing protocols in place
- We shall operate a 1:1 delegate to manikin ratio for CPR practice and maintain a rigorous manikin cleaning protocols
- Our training sessions have been adjusted to ensure trainers and candidates do not come into contact and maintain social distancing rules during practical sessions.
- Gloves for practical sessions will be issued to the candidates
- Face masks will not be issued but candidates are welcome to wear their own if they wish.
Training courses during the restrictions
As businesses start to escalate their operations and staff returning to work the following courses are currently open for booking.
- Statutory First Aid Training
- Paediatric First Aid Training
- Fire Marshal
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
First aid training certificates and requalification course dispensation period
The HSE and the Department for Education announced that if a candidate’s First Aid at Work, Emergency First Aid at Work or Peadiatric certificate expired on or after the 16 March and training was inaccessible to requalify at the time due to COVID-19, the validity of the certificates are extended to 30 September.
The extension applies so long as you are able to:
- Explain your reasons why the candidate/s haven’t requalified.
- Demonstrate steps you have taken to access the training if requested.
Please contact us to discuss and arrange a requalification course at the earliest opportunity possible.
Read HSE statement HERE
Read DfE Statement HERE